Content Marketing Specialist
Vancouver (Hybrid options available!), BC, Canada .
full-time . July 6, 2022
full-time . July 6, 2022
Taking Root is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to help the organization become a global leader in tropical reforestation and forest carbon. In this role you will lead the creation and dissemination of industry-leading content across all of Taking Root’s channels while building and sharing expertise on market trends within the organization.
This is a full-time position working with the head office in Vancouver. Work is currently a combination of working in-person with the Vancouver team and from home. Salary is competitive and based on experience.
Taking Root’s purpose is to accelerate the restoration of the world’s forests. We enable smallholder farmers to grow trees and earn money from the carbon they remove from the atmosphere. Our technology and support make it simple for our reforestation partners to create transparent and robust forest carbon removals. From registering farmers and recruiting land, to monitoring trees grown and the carbon stored over time, we provide the tools at every step of the way to help our partners successfully manage and scale their carbon projects. Recognized for its best practices by the UN, EU and World Economic Forum, Taking Root is connecting thousands of farmers to the carbon market, improving their livelihoods by restoring forests around the world.
- Support the Marketing Lead and Commercial Director in creating the organization’s marketing strategy
- Plan and create industry-leading content that can be published on Taking Root’s marketing channels, including blog, social media, and newsletter
- Develop and implement digital strategies to grow and engage Taking Root’s audiences including managing Taking Root’s blog, social media and newsletter
- Maintain and optimize Taking Root’s website, including updating web pages and creating landing pages
- Support the delivery of events and webinars, including helping create speaker presentations
- Generate internal research reports on topics in carbon and reforestation.
- Create marketing reports to track and improve on KPI’s
- Stay up to date on news and events in the forest and carbon industry, communicating vital information to the team
- Support Taking Root’s marketing strategies and initiatives to help achieve objectives
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- 4 years of work experience in a marketing, communications, or related field
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience using digital marketing tools, including Mailchimp, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, or other
- Experience working with companies focused on B2B offerings will be seen as a plus
- Experience working with social or environmental purpose organizations would be seen as a benefit.
You are an ideal candidate if you are:
- A content expert who knows how to make a message inspiring
- A copywriter that can distill complex topics into clear language
- A digital strategist who understands how to build an audience
- Curious to learn about the latest developments in forest carbon
- Determined to have a purposeful career that will create positive impact in the world
This is a full-time position working with the head office in Vancouver. Work is currently hybrid, with select days of the week working with the Commercial Department in the office. Salary is competitive and based on experience.
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume via our portal. We value every application; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taking Root has a diverse team of talented people across gender and racial spectrums. We have created a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusivity, striving for open discussions, best hiring and operational practices. We hire and promote based on merit, competence, performance, successful milestones, and business needs. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind, be that based on race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal or provincial laws.